Saturday, November 20, 2010

If I change moods constantly, does it mean I'm depressed?

I change mood constantly. Sometimes I wake up really happy, and end up the day really sad and angry. Sometimes I wake up really angry, and as the day goes I become really motivated and really happy to the extreme of telling everyone how awesome they are (Well I don't do it, but that's what I think to do). I really don't know what to do because I think I'm making all this up and seeing a doctor is going to be a waste of money (Well I have a lot of spare time, so that's what gets me to think of it).



I've been experiencing all this since I graduated from high school. Finishing 2007 I used to feel sad constantly (three months in a row). In 2008 it all changed. But at the end of 2008, starting from august, I stated to feel sad again, but now with these constant moods. It's been getting worse, now I just don't feel like keep going on. Nothing motivates me, and when I'm happy I see a wonderful world (But still I don't do anything)



I'm in my early 20's btw.If I change moods constantly, does it mean I'm depressed?
This may mean nothing to you since I'm barely Seventeen, a naturally sensitive person, and a girl but I'm opt. to give it my best..

I was having a lot of similar problems after witnessing something traumatizing and was lead to believe that all wounds would heal with time-but after a while my mood swings got to be dangerously intense. The pain from sadness made it so I was practically immobile, couldn't function aside from laying in my bed staring red rim eyed up at my ceiling and with in moment I'd suddenly find myself lunging angrily about in my room. All the screaming and hate escaping from me would terrify my parents and my mother felt obligated to bring me to a psychiatrist-but my mother felt the treatment was only making things seem sour or worse at some points and things at home just seemed to fall apart. I don't truly know what happened but it was sort of like I woke up one day and everything had changed and everything seemed to have been perfect for a good year or so but a few months ago I had an episode where I felt as if I was literally suffocated by a blanket of overwhelming emotions! My family, after a brutal intervention, brought me to a Dr., who explained-giving the long line of mental illness in my family and adding it to somethings going on in my home life- He suggested bipolar disorder. Im not on medication for it and sometimes it seems its hard to keep under control but I manage and I think if you just concentrate hard enough you may be able to just shift the problems aside-but always safe then sorry and you may want to get annalyzed...just in case.If I change moods constantly, does it mean I'm depressed?
it could be depression or bipolor disorder
no no no

it does not mean your depressed

it's normal



Depression is a disease that affects the entire mind, body and spirit, causing a person to feel miserable in many ways. Changes in brain chemistry make it happen. It is a brain disease, which affects a person's thoughts, feelings, behavior, physical health and possibly, their appearance. Having been diagnosed with depression does not mean that a person is ';damaged goods'; or that the individual is going ';crazy,'; even though the individual with depression may feel that way many days. A depressive illness is not due to a personal weakness or a character flaw. It is related to an imbalance or disruption in brain chemistry. The brain is an organ in the body. It can get ';sick'; just like the heart, lungs, liver or kidneys. People with depression have a disease that requires diagnosis and treatment. Having worked in this field for 16 years as a psychologist. I always recommend that a person check first with his or her medical doctor and listen to the recommendations for treatment, knowing that there are choices available.



People experiencing depression cannot talk themselves into feeling good or out of feeling bad. They cannot snap themselves out of it. Often, others assume that people who are suffering from depression are just lazy or lack motivation to get their lives together. People with depression may be labeled as having a behavior or attitude problem. This is simply not true. Depression can appear out of nowhere, when everything is going fine, at a time when it appears that there is no reason to be depressed. Stress or a stressful life event does not have to be present, but it can trigger or exacerbate a depression.
I think its bi polar, which I have myself. google bi polar test and take an online test, if it says you have it you need to be on meds because it will get worse. if you insist on not going to a doctor you can get lithium from an herbalist but you would have to take at least 3 times the dose on the bottle,(i was told 6 a day) and you would still need to have blood work because lithium can mess something up.plenty of bi polars are depressed in the day and manic at night
I guess you are suffering with anxiety %26amp; related diseases.
For your age it is totally normal. This time of life is very frustrating. Just beginning young adulthood, and have a lot of decisions to make. Just be pragmatic, nothing is set in stone. The only constant is that there is no constant.

Just remember you can create the reality you want and deserve. Once again that will be changing through out you life time. Relax and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment