Monday, June 6, 2011

How do you get into the ';homework mood';?

like you know, sometimes your just too hyper, or too reflective or just don't want to waste the day by studying but you have to...then how do you change your mood?How do you get into the ';homework mood';?
Either wait and come back to it later when you're in a different mood. Or do something boring for a while, normally that works for me.How do you get into the ';homework mood';?
become a sad man river
some drugs? like weed?
Do something unconnected to this and them come back to it later with a fresh perspective...or



Learn the immortal phrase



';do you want fries with that ? ';
turn off the tv, stop talking on the phone, step away from the computer, have a nice cup of tea, focus, focus, focus...
I'm still trying to work that out...



I usually only get into the 'mood' if it's the day before the deadline, or I know I'm ahead and want to stay ahead...



I know this sounds silly, but sometimes it helps changing my computer background to something boring, shutting down everything, like MSN and closing irrelavent websites.



Edit:



Please don't listen to what John Pitt wrote... If you really don't care about your future, then do, but If you want to be successful, then try hard in school and your acheivments will pay off in the long run.
Do 20 pushups..... If you still have energy do 20 more... Keep going untill you get to homework mood...
If you don't do your homework now, you'll go to school, with the worried feeling that you'll get in trouble, dreading it all day handing in absolutly nothing, then, getting screamed and feeling like crap, then two weeks pass and you say to yourself, ';why was I so worried about getting told off, its funny now'; a month then passes and that incident is nothing more than just a distant funny memory, then a year passes, and you'll be an idiot if you still remember by then. Now I ask you, do you still really give a crap about your homework? ohhh but not like I'm trying to distract you and talk you out of your homework ;)
I would start with doing the thing that I hate most, definitely preety soon I'll be fed up from it then using the hyper or reflective frame of mind I'll try to convince myself that 'doing homework would have been a better option than the thing I did'. Unless 'doing homework' is the thing you hate most.
Make your self a quiet area that you only use and associate with study. Your brain recognises it as a place of study and gets in the 'mood'

No comments:

Post a Comment