Monday, June 6, 2011

Why do my moods change so dramatically?

Currently on fluxotine for depression (Aug06). B4 that I was taking cliprolax for over 18 mths.Feel as if getting no support from my GP-just keeps referring to SAD %26amp; should try 2 come off the drugs in time. Makes it even harder to tell the doctor how I'm actually feeling. He is not aware of all the self harming and self loathing I'm experiancing, nor the extreme highs. Eg Sat %26amp; Sun was an extreme high, thought life could not get any better, looked at myself in the mirror and thought I was pretty/sexy, felt I could achieve anything. High sexual desireToday was a different story, I couldnt get out of bed, eventally got up at 3.30pm looked at my self in the mirror and thought how could anyone like me. Hated myself, have no role in life, better off not here.Thats when the harming beggins and lashed out at my leg with a knife. Legs arms torso covered in marks. I feel trapped with no one to help. I'm on a waiting list to see a counsllor but still no appointment! I can't go on like thisWhy do my moods change so dramatically?
This Is Awful...=[



And I Dont Know You, But you Are Better Then This!

I Once Had A Friend Liike This...And With Help From Me And My Other Friends We Helped Her Over Come This.





However, Mabey These Pills Arent Working? And Seeming As Your Finding It Hard To Talk To Your Doctor Truthfullyy, Prehaps You Should Move To Another One. As Far As The Depression Pills, Mabey You Could Ask For A Stronger Dose Or Different Pills, At Your Normal Doctor Or If You Decide To Your New Doctor.



As Far As Taking Your Depression Out On Your Body, This Really Isnt Good...=[ Mabey Try Wearing A Rubber Band Around Your Wrist And Everytime You Go To Self Harm, Ping The Rubber Band, Or Buy Your Self A Stress Ball, They Really Do Help!

'I Have No Role In Life' Of Course You Do, Everybody Has A Role In Life...=], You Are An Important Part Of Society!....Everybody Has Off Days When They Feel Useless, When I Do, I Have A Shower, And Get All Made Up, It Makes You Feel So Much Better In The End!



Go Out With Friends, Even If You Don't Feel Like It!...You'll Have A Great Time In The End!...But Please Stop This Self-Harming, These Cuts Will Scar!



You Can Also Ring Up On Numerous Numbers, Such as The Child line Number 0800 1111!

They Really Help!



Good Luck!...Please You Are Worth So Much More Than This!...=]



I Hope Your Life Is Fulfilled With Happiness And Achievement!



Katiiee!--xWhy do my moods change so dramatically?
You can't blame Doc if he doesn't know the truth.
I felt the same way for years. I used to cut, burn. Extreme highs which lasted for weeks at a time. Got worse once they put me on anti-depressants. If you unknowingly give a bipolar patient an anti-depressant it shoot their manic swings uncontrolably high. If you feel out of control, do what I did. Check yourself into a voluntary inpatient mental health facillity (most hospitals have one). Let them get you off of the drugs you are on %26amp; get you something that will actually help you in a safe environment. Do be sure to tell them about the cutting also. The is a great facility especially for cutting too. http://www.safe-alternatives.com/

Good luck.
It seems to me that you have a mood disorder (bipolar). You need to stop taking the medicine. Fluoxetine rarely causes withdrawal symptoms. You should go to the emergency room because you might hurt yourself. I've been in the same situation and the highs are really high and the lows are really low.
Your doctor cannot be as effective as he or she could be unless you are honest with your doctor, and tell all about the self harming and self loathing.



Moods do shift even in ';normal'; people, so don't be too ';down'; on yourself.



Do you keep a journal? Have you tried writing, painting, ceramics, photography, or other arts? Do you dance? Could you try to learn something new?



I am recovering from child abuse, psychological sexual, physical. I also am an adult with attention deficit and Asberger's. I too am taking fluoxetine. It works for me.



You know, every one has problems, not just ';beautiful'; or ';normal'; or ';functional'; people. Remember that. Hang in there, kitkat.
it definately sounds like bipolar but the odd thing is that people with this disorder usually have no idea something is wrong they think they are perfectly normal dont wait for an appt. seriously go to the ER tell them everything. my 6 yr old has early onset bipolar and ive had to bring him into ER for self harm once but ill tell you now be ready to be admitted into a psychiatric hospital (they will evaluate you and put you on meds that will help you)
I guess... if i were you, i would:

make a list of all the things i wanted.

Make of list of things i need to do to get it.



for example.

I wanted to be leaner and more muscular.

I need to eat right, work out (a lot)

So, i knew i had to work out every day. I basically made a list of the things i need to work out on. LEGS, arms, chest etc.

And every day, I also needed to eat healthy.

No sugar, lower carbs, more vegetables.

SO i here too, had to plan my day.

The best part, though, the reward!!!

You feel better about yourself.

You are more fit. Your energy levels are more stable.

(sugar rushes are non existent)

and well, you ';love'; yourself more.

and perhaps... others' will see that too, and may love you too!

Love you because, well you are in better shape, and love you because you are taking care of yourself!

You'll meet others at the gym who think the same way.



But... feeling sad... getting depressed... getting angry...

eating poorly... are certainly not good things for your self.

nor are they good ways to communicate to others that you care. Unfortunately, finding a soul mate is less likely?

I look back at my past g/f's and most of them ...were never happy about themselves. In the end... it was more about me helping them get through things.... and not THEM getting through things. And that... to me now is not what i am looking for! so... i would say someone whom cannot look after themselves is not attractive.



But if you have a simple game plan... and nothing else to lose

GO for it! Do things for yourself! There will be SO many rewards.... and not just the ones that you think!



good luck
Call 9-1-1 and tell them you have a psychiatric emergency. They will get you to your hospital and you can see the on-call psychiatrist because you are in crisis. The GP is not as skilled as the psychiatrist. Try to work with a therapist too. It sounds like you really need someone to talk to. If they have group sessions attend those also. Sometimes the medication you are taking needs to be adjusted because it is no longer effective. But please, call and tell them you are having a psychiatric emergency---NOW!
i think u should change docs i am still going through depression and my doc was the same counciling only made me feel worse so if u go make sure there is someone waiting outside afterwards who u can talk to there is help but it has to be from the right person and yes u should still be here.next time u go to ur doc tell him everything if he still dosent listen hes an ignorant pig and change docs dont give up you will get through this its a chemical imbalance in the brain u just need the right dosage to balance it out trust me i know u wounldn beleive the way i acted.try not to worry so much it will b ok soon
honey, change your doctor! He doesn't sound too good.

It wold be good to talk directly to someone who specializes in this. They know about the treatment and stuff.



Don't be scared or ashamed to go to the doctor and explain. If he/she doesn't seem to get it, insist. Interrupt them and express what you feel, until they have a better understanding.



***Prayer helps me..I don't know if you are religious or not. But if I pray and cry and let it out..later I feel better.
See im depressed in a way where I want to commit suicide even though im very happy with my life and there is nothing wrong. I take prozac. U need to tell your doctor that your meds are not working out for you and that you need to get on something else. Talk to him more about it, don't hide your feelings. Also you might want to ask him about you being bipolar... that might be the reason too.
pms
you must run a copy of this off and take it to your doctor. If I am right you should be on lithium but need to be referred to a well qualified psychiatrist to confirm this. You sound cyclothymic (mildly bipolar) rather than experiencing unipolar depression. Get to your doctor ASAP. S/he will notjudge you but you must tell him/her everything in order to get the correct treatment.

good luck.
try a different doctor my g/f has depression and her doctor was useless so she got another doctor and he is loads better
A GP is not qualified to diagnosis mood disorders and certainly not qualified to prescribe for them.



You really should see a mental health care professional. Cutting is not something a GP knows anything about dealing with even if you did tell him about it.



There are many different meds out there but only a qualified mental health care professional is familiar enough to determine which ones might be needed in your instance.



I think GP's more often do harm than good when they attempt to treat patients in an area they are untrained in.
bipolar
You really need to discuss these things with your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment