Monday, June 6, 2011

How does music affect your mood or does it reflect your mood?

In other words do you lsten to music that shows how you are feeling or do you tend to listen to music that changes your mood?

ThanksHow does music affect your mood or does it reflect your mood?
For me music does both, I'm not a very passive music listener. It usually changes my mood and at the same time it shows how I'm feeling. It's a channel into our deepest thoughts and emotions and is able to change us too. I like listening to music just because it sounds good too. But most people don't realize how much music shows and changes our emotions. I've taken classes on it and it's really interesting stuff.How does music affect your mood or does it reflect your mood?
Music is the single most tremendous outside influence in my life. I have mixed CD's for when it's cloudy or rainy. I have an 8 CD series called ';Under The Covers'; of all of the best cover songs I've ever heard. I have music I listen to more (and sometimes only) when I'm drunk. Chances are if it's sunny and nice out (especially in the morning) I have on Sublime, Slightly Stoopid or reggae. If it wasn't for metal I know I would've gotten into violent trouble. Metal is the best form of anger management/release that's ever been invented. F@#k therapy, play metal. There's music I only listen to when it's dark out.



I think I've gone on long enough.
If I'm feeling down or angry then I probably tend to listen to something that reflects that e.g Elliott Smith, Joy Division, Neil Young



It also affects my mood as most times when I listen to music when I'm feeling low, it makes me feel a lot better or cheers me up a bit.
I don't get how music affects some people. Music is just music to me. The only part of me that music makes happy is my ears. I can be cheerful listening to Slayer and I can be pissed listening to Vampire Weekend. Music doesn't affect my emotions.
if i'm in a bad mood i usually listen to something that changes my mood, sometimes one that reflects it, mainly if i'm angry. other times, i listen to music that reflects it.
I always have my iTunes on shuffle, so typically, it's pretty random. Sometimes I'll choose loud songs if I'm in a good mood or slow songs when I'm in a poor mood, though.
I just listen to music for all reasons. It's kind of like a drug without all the side effects.



Note : Music effects your blood pressure. Betcha didn't know that huh?
it reflects my mood i think that is a very accurate statement
music is just something i like alot, it does not reflect my mood

No comments:

Post a Comment