Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I find out if my wife is bipolar?

She can change moods in seconds. What can I do to find out if she has bipolar disorder?How can I find out if my wife is bipolar?
You must go to a psychologist. You are not qualified to make that diagnosis. Switching moods in seconds does not satisfy all the symptoms of a bipolar disorder.



If she is very emotional, and switches moods in seconds, that sounds like the defense of splitting to me (thinking things are either all good or all bad) which are two symptoms of a Borderline Personality Disorder. It really doesn't matter what the label is though- if you are unhappy, you're unhappy, maybe you should seek couples counseling so she doesn't feel singled out.How can I find out if my wife is bipolar?
Lol, yea and everyone elses wife. It's just women man.
there should be signs of mental disorders in her family history. a poor diet and lack of exercise will definetly make it worst.
discuss a topic on one day and discuss the same topic another day, possible changes in attitude could reveal the disease.
She needs to see a psychiatrist, since if she is, she needs prescription medication. You can go too, so it isn't just her.
hmm good question Just say that you are going to get yourself check out for it yourself, and ask if she wants to go along also.

It is good to get get check out by pychosolist once every so often.



It can also be PMMD. it is very good idea to get check out for that also

http://www.womentowomen.com/symptoms.asp
well, unless she's willing to go see a doctor, not much you can do to find out. I have bi-polar disorder and mood swings are very severe if I don't take meds. I went to a doc though as I didn't know what was going on. I would totally flip out on anyone and anything and the slightest thing would tick me off to the point where I didn't care about anything or anyone. so if she has violent mood swings I would suggest you take her to a doc or just suggest some counseling and then they will refer her if she needs it :)
She is not bipolar....she is just a regular women having her period
I suggest reading:

1. ';Loving Someone With Bipolar Disorder'; by Julie A. Fast and John D. Preston

2. ';The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide: What You and Your Family Need to Know'; by David J. Miklowitz



It will help you decide if her mood swings are severe enough to be classified as bipolar episodes. If nothing else, read up on it online. Decide what to do from there. Also look at what kind of mood swings she's having (depressed to happy? happy to angry? etc.) and what could be causing her mood swings (is she mad at someone? is she stressed at work? etc.)
I have Bi-polar and there are alot of signs.If this shows my email then contact me if you need to.But some of it is like PMS.One minute you can be depressed then go into a manic state.You are very full of energy and some times do things(like spend alot of money or really sexual or cleaning and cant stop.My thoughts race. you would not normal do most people need little sleep during this time then they seen to crash and are depressed.type in symtoms of b/p in the search and there will be alot of helpful sites

No comments:

Post a Comment