Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My mothers moods change quickly?

Ever since I was little, me and my sister who's 3 years older had to endure my mothers changing moods. She used to get angry really quick; For example if we spilled a drink she would go on for hours how clumsy we were instead of just accepting it as an accident, she would also get angry if we laughed sometimes because she would think that we were laughing at her. She even used to wave a knife at us, but we just laughed it off most of the time. During adolecence I remember the terrible beatings she used to give my sister, and the beating I recieved after getting drunk. The accusations that my dad was having an affair leading to a temporary split. All these patterns of her behaviour have not changed, I am now 26 and my sisters 29. I have no doubt that our lives have been affected, I and my sister have low self esteem, I find it hard to trust people. I'm still living at home because I just don't have confidence to get my own place, and I'm unemployed at the moment.My mothers moods change quickly?
Very rapid changes in mood are charateristic of Bi Polar disorder.



';Bipolar disorder, formerly called manic-depressive illness, is a condition that affects more than two million Americans. People who have this illness tend to experience extreme mood swings, along with other specific symptoms and behaviors. These mood swings or ';episodes'; can take three forms: manic episodes, depressive episodes, or ';mixed'; episodes.



The symptoms of a manic episode often include elevated mood (feeling extremely happy), being extremely irritable and anxious, talking too fast and too much, and having an unusual increase in energy and a reduced need for sleep. It's also very common for someone to act impulsively during a manic episode, and engage in behaviors that are risky or that they later regret, like spending sprees. And in over half of all manic episodes, people are troubled by delusions or hallucinations. For example, they may think they have a relationship with someone famous, claim to be an expert in an area they really know nothing about, feel paranoid (unusually fearful), or hear voices that are not there.



The symptoms of a depressive episode often include an overwhelming feeling of emptiness or sadness, a lack of energy, a loss of interest in things, trouble concentrating, changes in normal sleep or appetite, and/or thoughts of dying or suicide.



A mixed episode includes symptoms that are both manic and depressive. '; * 1



';The primary symptoms of bipolar disorder are dramatic and unpredictable mood swings. The illness has two strongly contrasting phases.



In the manic phase:



* Euphoria or irritability

* Excessive talk; racing thoughts

* Inflated self-esteem

* Unusual energy; less need for sleep

* Impulsiveness, a reckless pursuit of gratification -- shopping sprees, impetuous travel, more and sometimes promiscuous sex, high-risk business investments, fast driving

* Hallucinations and or delusions



In the depressive phase:



* Depressed mood and low self-esteem

* Low energy levels and apathy

* Sadness, loneliness, helplessness, guilt

* Slow speech, fatigue, and poor coordination

* Insomnia or oversleeping

* Suicidal thoughts and feelings

* Poor concentration

* Lack of interest or pleasure in usual activities'; *2My mothers moods change quickly?
your mom is maybe experiencing stress try to understand and help her.
You must love each other...Pray for her...she really needs your prayers. Talk with your sister, with your father and all three pray for her, she's important for you, isn't she!



Read about Jesus Prayer here if you want and try to say this pray as long as you can!



http://www.svots.edu/Faculty/Albert-Ross



Tell your mother this prayer that she can say it, too!



May God fill your hearts with His Love and patience!



Read 1 Corinthians 13, please! We must love each other and pray for each other!
I'll be brief ..



Homeopathic head remedy:



Pulsatilla 1M to be take every 15 days - 3-4 drops in 1/4th glass of water preferably empty-stomached.



Nux Vomica 200 to be taken 3 days consecutively first - then twice weekly 3-4 drops in 1/4th glass of water preferably empty-stomached.



Keep me updated ..



Things can not go worse .. only improve .. so cheer up and best of luck ..
Hi, I'm no expert but i can speaking from personal experience having both parents suffer mental illness i have experienced similar behavior from them both. I have spent a good part of my adult life blaming myself for how i was treated and then went through a period of hating and blaming them which left me suffering with depression myself which in turn lead to my own children suffering because of my mood changes. You could talk to your GP if you feel you can not approach your mum. My mother can not see that her behavior is manic and this can often be the case. There are lots of other organisations who are there to help MIND, SANE and Making Space which is specifically for carers i personally went to my GP at first who was a great help.



Take Care.x.
This happen due to two reasons

1. Due to feeling of insecurity.

2. post menopause effects.



She should be given Harmon treatment and by mixing up with

her feeling of insecurity can be remove.
A severe anxiety disorder can cause symptoms like bipolar disorder. Any type of antidepressant would probably make a world of difference in her attitude. It would mellow her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment