Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Does your mood change when it rains for days? I would like to hear some solid answers of how it affects you?

I get claustraphobic and feel I need to go and be around large crowds. Most people I know sleep...........Does your mood change when it rains for days? I would like to hear some solid answers of how it affects you?
Lightening, thunder, rain...all a beautiful sonata when in combination. However, a constant deluge of it is enough to drive one into a state of depression. It must be a common problem because the malls seem to be crowded on rainy days. Perhaps it is a way of snubbing one's nose at Mother Nature. But then comes the sun and one runs merrily down to the beach or pool...in search of water.Does your mood change when it rains for days? I would like to hear some solid answers of how it affects you?
i love it when it rains and storms....it makes me happy, plus when the storm and rain all stops then any sunshine (or other better weather) seems like heaven!!
Well if it rained for days i would get depressed i need sunshine.
I LIVE in gloom and doomville--that's what I call it-- northeast PA--near the Poconos---for the life of me I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would PAY to go there--it is absolutely the most god forsaken gloomy piece of real estate you can find--IF you finally DO get sun-- you're lucky if it his 80 which is maybe 1 out 25 days. Oh, you're question---I get suicidal, can you tell? It's the 4th of July-- of course our weather man LIED as usual last night--stating only ';late showers in the day';---it freakin rained ALL DAY and thunderstorms yet......I hate crowds.....they freak me out too----oh, have a nice day!!!!!!!!
I get lazy (er) and i just watch tv and mope around the house and eat alot. oh and i get depressed bc i hateee rain (though i loveee snow)
ok, this is weird but i love it when it rains. i get in the mood to turn off the tv, open the windows, maybe put on a nora jones cd and ORGANIZE my whole house. lol i dont know why this is but i literally wanna get everything in my house all organized, clean and cozy. i could stay home all day just savoring my own (cozy) space while it rains cats and dogs outside! however, if it rained for days i would miss the sunshine more!
I love rain and thunderstorms the most. It reflects how I feel inside. It comforts me in a way that sunshine and warm weather cannot. It's like when you listen to a sad song over and over, even though you know that everytime you listen to it, it's going to make you cry. There's also a romanticism about it.
I absolutely LOVE the rain! I live in southern AZ, where we haven't had rain in almost 100 days! Rain is such a rare treat around here that I look forward to it like nothing else. Today it's 114 degrees farenheit--by 9pm it will ';cool'; down to 107...oh yay. It's impossible to do any kind of 4th of July celebrating with weather like we have!



As for your question, well, I was in Seattle for a week once, and all it did was rain and rain. I was so excited! I did all of my sightseeing in the rain and had a glorious time! I guess I was just starved for precipitation.



AnyHOO, I think it just depends on your location. If you get rain constantly, you hate it and crave sunshine. If you get sunshine all the time, you hate it and crave rain. The moral of the story is, too much of ANYTHING is never a good thing!
That's interesting. I've never heard that before (the claustrophobic thing).



I feel quite disoriented when it's grey for days because my mental rhythm follows the sun. Throughout the day I normally know what time it is by the quality of the light and on grey days it feels as if time is standing still. Over the years I've taught myself to be more patient when the earth needs a drink but days without even a peek of sun can drive me mental.



But I'd take a month straight of rain over daylight savings :P There's not much that I can claim to hate, but daylight savings is at the top of the list.
Rain affects me in different ways, depending on where I am, what I'm doing and what kind of storm it is. If there are things I need to get done, I get irritated. If I'm under open shelter and the storm is a little wild, I get excited. I really enjoy it when the wind blows and lighting fires off like a berserk neon sign while thrunder is on a constant roll and I'm out in the open. Dangerous, but thrilling. On the opposite end, if it is a gentle rain and I can hear it on the roof, I had better be laying down because shortly, I will be asleep.
I like when it rains personally. Nothing better then playing in the rain. I really want to go outside and run around and stuff. Usually though I don't because then people will think I'm a weirdo. But when I'm alone at home and it starts raining, I go out side and run around and stuff. Maybe run in the woods behind my house.



When it rains for days though, it can get boring. Can do a lot of things that I usually do. I usually get lazy and mess around on my computer or watch TV.



Yea, I'm 20 and I still play in the rain. It's awesome.
I love rainy days and sunny days equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment