Saturday, November 20, 2010

How does certain music change your mood? And feelings?

If I listen to Dance music, It makes me happy, I want to party and it makes me text friends for a night out.



If i listen to things like Moby, (lol) it makes me calm. And smile, and any anxiety disapears? Why? How? I love it! But dont understand?How does certain music change your mood? And feelings?
Listening to music stimulates not only the auditory cortex of the brain, but also the limbic system--which is the seat of the full range of our emotions. So music can stimulate emotional responses such as relaxation, excitement, rage, loving feelings, sadness, anxiety, etc.



Probably the very reason that many of us love music so much is its ability to stimulate our deepest feelings, of all kinds. Because of this powerful emotional potential of music, it is even being used increasingly in treating the mentally ill. No doubt it can elicit feelings and even memories that can contribute to emotional catharsis and more effective therapy.



Going to a concert, or even listening to music in our home, can be a very powerful emotional experience, because of music's ability to stimulate the emotional centers of our brain.



The website below is very helpful. You may want to check it out!How does certain music change your mood? And feelings?
Some types of music have a devastating effect on my mood. I can go from perfectly happy to depressed in 60 seconds.
Music keeps me going through the day! any dance music really makes me happy , its the beats in the music that do it for me!! Then there is other music like metal ~I play when I'm angry or sometime want to be left alone!! I find that

have you seen August Rush ~ the music in that make me feel alive , claim , sad and happy all in 2 hours!

also I need something in the back ground when there is no child around it's to quiet!
im still trying to figure out why it has such strong effects on people i mean really its just music i dont kno why it does what it does
For me it is the opposite: depressing and angry music makes me feel better. But that doesn't answer your question: Pat is right, music has been shown to stimulate the limbic system, particularly a structure in the basal ganglia, called the nucleus acumbens. It is basically the ';pleasure center'; of the brain, playing a role in addiction, food, and sex, in addition to music appreciation.
  • Soiled Bed Sheets
  • shampoo for thick hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment