Monday, November 22, 2010

How does Prednisone affect your mood and personality usually?

I'm taking Prednisone for colitis and have noticed that my moods are up and down and all over the place. My personality seems to be affected. This also happened a few years ago when I was taking this medication the first time. What sorts of problems have people on here had with Prednisone as far as mental and mood changes? I seem very emotional and edgy all the time.

I'm 37, and also taking Assaloc for the colitis, also an anti-inflammatory.How does Prednisone affect your mood and personality usually?
I have terrific mood swings. One minute I am crying and a couple of hours later I am very aggressive. I don't seem to have much control of my emotions. And I eat. Lots. All the time. I am starting to get the moon face associated with steroids. And I don't sleep well. In MHO prednisone sucks. I don't like the way they make me feel. Of course steroids wipe out your immune system so stay away from crowds.How does Prednisone affect your mood and personality usually?
I'm actually taking it right now for asthma, and it's been a roller coaster. The first day I took it, it made me feel actually a tiny bit happier (in a euphoric sense), but it's been making me more and more depressed as I continue to take it. That aside, it's making me puffy and want to eat more, which isn't helping me feel better. I hope your moods go away just as I hope mine will when I'm taken off after tomorrow. :D
makes me feel euphoric.
Within the past month, I have taken it for 8 days. I've rapid weight gain, missed menstrual, terrible mood swings, acne. UGHHH. I'm glad that its an inexpensive steroid and helped with my severe allergic reaction, but goodness - I had to trade all of the above. Been quite depressed for the past few weeks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment