Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I lift myself out of this ';mood';?

I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights because I'm so overly stressed and it's taking its toll on me. Plus my moods change with the weather, and today it's been really cloudy. Is there anything I can do -besides caffeine- that will make me a little more cheery and make my mind start working again? I have 2 big tests this week, and I'm too out of it today to focus on studying but I really need to.How can I lift myself out of this ';mood';?
Whatever you've been doing, stop it now.









Take the advice that tells you to get outdoors / exercise etc but just get away from study or whatever you're doing.



T A K E A B R E A K . . .



This will refresh you.

If you hide away with the study books etc and never take a break, it will have a negative effect on you rather than positive. If you don't know your test stuff by now, accept that it's possible that you'll fail.



That may seem harsh.



If you DON'T know it by now, you will only cloud your mind with craziness if you try to cram.



Try to be realistic...there's always next time.



Good luck for the tests and for life.



It's not always as bad as it seems...How can I lift myself out of this ';mood';?
go out for a walk

it always helps!:)
Try LUNESTA it is a pill your sleeping and try going to the spa!
Think of things that make you happy go chill with friends for a day and have a good day that could help
Just relax and try reading at night if your having problems sleeping.
Get a sunlamp to compensate for lack of sunlight.



Don't burn yourself but expose yourself to it daily when there is no sunlight (cloudy, rainy weather). Get one that has full spectrum like the sun. It will make a difference.
Do something fun. Go to a movie or out to dinner with a friend. Most important relax because life is way to short.
Exercise. I've had depression for years and the one thing that I can count on to give me a boost is exercise. Run, walk, swim, do whatever it takes to work up a good sweat. You'll feel better. Endorphins are naturally released when you exercise. They lift your mood. Exercise also will relieve the physical tension that you feel.
exercise always helps!

Good luck on your test.
maybe call a friend and make some plans for the weekend, or go for a walk
set some time aside to go for a walk or read a book something you enjoy doing...dont thinka bout nething that could or has stressed you just relax.i like doing karate. but no matter what you have going on make sure you set aside some time for yourself. you could meditate or pray or whatever. something you like to do.
have a loooong warm bath.

watch some crap tv or a film

drink excessive amounts of tea and hot chocolate.

eat excessive amounts of chocolate

read a book or magazine

shove some proper full on cheesetastic music on.

go for a massage.

get your hair done

paint
go out to the sun theres a thing that affects ur mood its the sun and also lok up some jokes
Think about me. I wish I had a cup of your coffee. If I did I would be happy.

I hope to go back to college soon myself. I'm freezing here in Tennessee. Still waiting for spring.
Destressing is crucial. Caffeine is deadly. You may have seasonal depression especially if you live where spring tends to be the rainy season with a lot of sunless days. Google SAD and you will find a lot of info.



Use meditation and exercise to help get those endorfins circulating. Stay far away from junk food carbs even if that is all you feel like eating. A big fat greasy hamburger is better than a big fat greasy pile of fries or chips and you can throw away half of the bun.



Take a 10 minute study break every hour and do some simple exercise that raise your heart rate and respiration. Take a half hour walk at a good brisk pace everyday. Turn all the lights on, have the room as bright as you can make it. I have a therapy light and some mornings if I didn't go sit under it for half an hour I would never make it out of thehouse. Hope this helps.
Not sleeping enough and not getting good quality sleep can affect your entire daytime functioning--your mood (you'll be more irritable, anxious, and depressed), you'll feel sleepy, and your thoughts will be negative, and your ability to concentrate and remember impaired.



Try to go for a walk, as someone else recommended. It's a stress reliever that'll be great for your mind and body. Try to watch some comedies before going to bed. It'll relax your mind and change your mood. Taking a warm shower or bath will also relax you before bedtime. And listening to a relaxation cd is a great way to fall asleep. One of the ones that I like is ';Quiet Forest';. It's wonderful and puts me right to sleep.



Good luck.
caffeine is good for energy, but not happiness... Caffiene increases pain... not a good choice. You need to relax, zone out for a planned amount of time... and I mean, really veg-out. I know you want to study, but you have to take a break from it, b/c your mind can't take in information right now... without sleep and stressed, the mind is overworked... Try to slow down... Find or make some downtime and don't let anyone take that time away from you or ruin it... I speak from personal experience. You need to spoil yourself. Soak in a tub of hot water for 1/2 an hour... Read a fictional book for an hour. Talk to a friend and make a rule not to mention words relating to study, school, or tests....

You can always use the mind while you sleep if you learn to relax... You can read over information you need to remember right before you go to sleep... sleep on it and it will stick in your brain better.
The power of positive thinking,,, It works!

=)

Do something FUN! With the ONE YOU LOVE! WINK;-]



Good luck!

:-}

No comments:

Post a Comment