Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can music drastically effect your mood?

For the worse, for the better, either way, can the music you listen to change your mood?

I'm not even talking lyrics, I'm currently listening to Snow and Lights by Explosions in the Sky (start it one minute in, if you want to hear what I hear...)

They don't have any lyrics but there music greatly effects my mood.



If it can, what are some songs that can change how you feel?Can music drastically effect your mood?
Yes.



Good music has direct access to the emotions. As such it's a fantastic tool for tweaking our moods. Saarikallio and Erkkila (2007) investigated the ways people use music to control and improve their mood by interviewing eight adolescents from Finland. The participants may be a small, very specific group, but they actually present a really useful list:



1. Entertainment - At the most fundamental level music provides stimulation. It lifts the mood before going out, it passes the time while doing the washing up, it accompanies travelling, reading and surfing the web.



2. Revival - Music revitalises in the morning and calms in the evening.



3. Strong sensation - Music can provide deep, thrilling emotional experiences, particularly while performing.



4. Diversion - Music distracts the mind from unpleasant thoughts which can easily fill the silence.



5. Discharge - Music matching deep moods can release emotions: purging and cleansing.



6. Mental work - Music encourages daydreaming, sliding into old memories, exploring the past.



7. Solace - Shared emotion, shared experience, a connection to someone lost.Can music drastically effect your mood?
Yes, for better depending on the type of music you are listening to. If you are listening to songs that are inspirational (Christian or not)
Music effects emotion and mood ... I'm 57 And I still have fond memories of different ladies when I hear certain songs from my past .I also know songs that will bring my mood up quickly , others make me melancholy.


yea, when im home alone and im awake lol before my parents come home i get on the computer and crank lil wayne and TI and songs that get me pumped up and have a good beat. when im kinda depressed ill play fly leaf creed linkin park. and if im content i'll play HIM. (best band in History i might add)
  • how to grow pomegranate
  • black hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment