Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I think my wife has a hormonal imbalance, what are the symptoms?

I'm going to list my 27 year old wife's symptoms, if you want to pick out the symptoms she has that's fine but it might just be easier to tell me what the symptoms that you had instead... At first I thought it was depression but someone said it could be hormonal instead....



In regards to my wife though: she's very fast to change moods (mood swings), she's very irritable, she no longer cares about her body or her appearance, she thinks the world around her needs to change and she's perfect, she seems to be always bleeding even when not on her period, she has PMS often, she's always cold when everyone else is hot and the opposite, she has frequent headaches, she gets very low quality sleep so wakes up tired, she's fatigued half way through the day and can't do anything after 4 or 5pm, she's argumentative and stubborn (never was an issue), and my personal favorite she has really low sex drive (libido) and we only ';get it on'; about once every 3 or 4 weeks but sometimes longer (sometimes as long as 3 months apart).



She's been like this for so long that she feels like there's nothing wrong with her and that I'm the one has the problem but she can't explain the above symptoms... If she does have a hormonal imbalance, what should she do? Is it fixable? How long will it take to get better?



Now she has a very high stress life which wasn't always this way but because she had to return to work after being a stay at home mom for 4 years it's changed her life faster than she thought it would. She has to do the chores that I don't do (and I do a lot of them so don't troll me please), she has to periodically watch the kids and/or care for them (again I do a lot of the work too so don't troll me please), she has a lot of online friends (about 20 or so) through Yahoo!Groups that she MUST keep up with on a daily basis who are still stay at home mom's and she feels out of the loop on what's going on since she's working now and misses a lot of gossip, she wants to provide a ';quality'; childhood for the kids so she's signing them up for extra programs outside of school, and of course there's the stress of being a house owner with bills (which I could do but she's afraid I'll mess something up)...



Side notes: She's a heavy caffeine drinker (I quit caffeine in February, well all forms but chocolate), she's on birth control and has been since the beginning of last year, she too is the chocolate lover, and she doesn't exercise but she's down to 110 lbs.I think my wife has a hormonal imbalance, what are the symptoms?
As you know this type of behavior is not normal. I did go through a period of time like this that lasted more than a year. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. Many changes in her life all at one time, is too much for some people to handle. Like your wife I tried to be super mom. It almost cost me my marriage. I also did not notice the changes. Everyone around me was telling me what a B**** I had become. I thought it was everyone else. I was started on Prozac. Whenever anyone hears that they flip out. It is an antidepressant just like the others. It is used to treat major depression. I am 110% better. I now know how bad I was because I know how good I feel now. I still have my times when I feel low, but the medicine has changed my life. Be supportive of her, sometimes marriage is not 50/50 sometimes its 40/60 sometimes 20/80. Do what needs to be done to help her get through this. Go with her to the doctor. Housework will always be there. No one was honored for how clean they kept their house. We do that as a family on a weekend day,then have fun as a family the rest of the time. Some blood work may explain a lot. Again be supportive and give a little extra time to her. Women's hormones do fluctuate and maybe the birth control is part of the problem also. Good Luck and I hope she will feel better soon.I think my wife has a hormonal imbalance, what are the symptoms?
Just she needs some change. Don't put any pressure she will be alright. let her be in her own way.
I agree, contraceptive pills are nothing but external hormones, They manipulate the brain's ability and emotions.



Tip: Try to boost up ur sex life,once in 3 months counts to be 4 times a year.Thats...too less for a couple

Make her feel that you are attracted towards her and love her. ( in case you don't, do not pretend)
Wow, I had most of the symptoms, it happened when I started taking contraception (injection), on top of most of the things you mentioned I also had a bad discharge. So I changed the injection, it stopped. I think she needs to speak to her doctor maybe the doctor can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment