Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can Xanax cause a change in mood..anger, beligerant behavior, and slurring of speech?

My husband started taking Xanax last night because of really bad stress. He seemed alot better today but tonight he bacame really MEAN. He said alot of mean things, something he doesnt really do. His speech was slurred. I came home from work and I thought he was drunk but he hadnt been drinking, I am positive of that. I can not believe the things he said and how angry he was. I almost left! but instead I decided to ignore him completley and wait untill the morning to talk to him and see how things are. I hid the medication so we can talk before he takes anymore. I also thought he took more than he should have..he didnt, he only took 1/2 a pill last night and 1/2 today. I counted the pills, there was one less.Can Xanax cause a change in mood..anger, beligerant behavior, and slurring of speech?
Yes. Xanax can have extrem mood changes in people. You should talk to the doctor right away and not take any more of the med. There are many other drugs that can replace Xanax.



Drugs that can be used to replace xanax are valium, ativan, klonopin, and im sure there is more. Unfortunatly all drugs have side effects and there is no way of knowing is this won't happened again. good luck.Can Xanax cause a change in mood..anger, beligerant behavior, and slurring of speech?
Yes, those can be some of the side effects of xanax. I once took a klonopin and suffered from almost a ';drunk feeling'; and slurring my speech, i didn't get angry however. but those are common reactions from medications like xanax. he may not tolerate it well, and there are other medications that can replace xanax, and talking with his doctor should help straighten everything out.
yes, it can, that medication affects everyone differently and it sounds like he isn't getting the benefits of it. it also is a highly abused and addictive drug and in the wrong hands can turn out to make the situation worse.
  • girly myspace
  • What should I name my dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment