Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Labor and mood changes?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and I have been increasingly cranky--if you check out any of my answers you will see that! This is my fourth baby and they are all so different. I don't remember getting cranky with the other three, but then again I don't remember much these days.



Has anyone else experienced cranky mood swings in the last few weeks? How long before labor did you start to change?Labor and mood changes?
My midwife told me that the hormones involved in the beginning of labor are very similar to the ones that cause PMS. This might be a sign that baby won't be far behind.



Or, sadly enough, it might just be a sign that you're tired, not sleeping well, uncomfortable, and you miss your feet. Take care of yourself!Labor and mood changes?
I think it depends on the person, lol. You are possible not sleeping the best and dealing with 3 kids and an impending baby would make any sane person cranky.



I remember with my daughter I got quiet, restless and felt ill the night before I went into labour (my appetite went too). With my son I was cranky by about 35 weeks as I had a HUGE belly and was so tired and ended up being induced. I am only half way now and have cranky days. I would hesitate a guess and make sure your bags are packed and rest as much as you possibly can.



Good luck.
Yes, you're crazy...crazy in love with your kids.

Anyway, I just want to add my support. I remember being extremely cranky during those last few weeks but I have no idea if it was hormonal or if it was because I was glued to a hospital bed for 13 days (which could have been longer if I wasn't induced at 38 weeks).

Good luck, you have my support.

No comments:

Post a Comment