Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to controle mood swings? 10 weeks pregnant!?

I'm 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

I have been so moody...especially towards my husband. I'm really trying to controle it but it seems so hard!

I just want to stay positive. I love my husband and I love this baby and I really need to stay positive but it's hard when my moods change ever 5 mins! Plus I'm bipolar and this pregnancy is pretty much the first time off medication in over 5 years!



Anyone else moody towards your husband? mine is pretty good about it...but sometimes I think I push it.



How do you controle your mood swings?How to controle mood swings? 10 weeks pregnant!?
You can try some soothing techniques like lavender baths or maybe doing something you enjoy like movies with a friend, prenatal massages or curl up with a good book. Other than that I would just suggest expressing how you feel to your husband. Let him know that your hormones are changing dramatically during this stage of your pregnancy and that it's causing you to feel very moody and if he could just put up with it for a little while then in a few months you'll give him a beautiful child as a thank you gift.How to controle mood swings? 10 weeks pregnant!?
listen...my wife just had a baby...and you're just going to be an insufferable b**ch for the next couple months. It's the way it is. Don't worry though, you can always just blame it on your husband by saying something trite like, ';You don't know what it's like be pregnant.';
you can't necessarily control mood swings. what you can do is everytime you start to feel upset take a deep breath and explain it calmly to your husband. this really helped me and my b/f. he just listened while i explained myself then he would hug me and call me a silly hormonal prego. (the last part didn't always make me feel better but it usually made me look at what i was doing and laugh)
Mood swings are normal, especially if this is your first. Try and remember it can be overwhelming to have a baby and allow yourself to feel all the feelings that come with being pregnant. Read some pregnancy books they usually help, and try to have a good support system
Mood swings are hard to control especially pregnant and not realizing it half way through. But after your hormones peak it will get easier. Just try to remember to choose your battles. And bite your toung even when it's hard. Don't worry it will pass
mood swings are normal , you can start by counting to 10 before you say or do something you will regret , talk with your doctor about your your mood swings and about being bipolar maybe he can help you .the best of luck...a mom
LOL! I'm 14 weeks now and the moodiness has calmed down a little. But I was completely out of control for a few weeks there. Lucky for my husband, I took it out on co-workers :( (I don't advise you do that) but I also found this really fun game on the internet to let out some of my preggo rage: http://www.addictinggames.com/interactiv



Anyway,as far as the bipolar thing, can you talk to your Dr about taking another med? I suffer from depression, and they switched me from my normal med to prozac so at least I'm on something while I'm preggo. I think it's helping. They told me Prozac and 1 other anti-depressant (I forget which) have been proven safe during pregnancy.
hey hun!!! OMGGGG I can't believe I am reading this. I 2 am bipolar and am off my meds. My dr put me on Lamictal bc I have seizures and bipolar so it works for both but NOTHINGGGGGGGGGG like depakote! I think I push it as well. I mean my husband is so used to my mood swings but it scares me bc I don't want to hurt his feelings but sometimes I just go into a bitter rage for no reason! Its a hard transition trust me! its like one minute ur really happy then the next, beware to whoever crosses ur path! So I am in the same boat!! GOOD LUCK HUNNI GIRL!!! If you do come across some good tips please let me know!!!! Cuz sometimes I am sooo lost!!! GOOD LUCK HUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment