Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rapid cycling bipolar disorder?

I really don't know what is wrong with me. When I was happy (in a realtionship) my mood would change depending on how the realtionship was going, for THAT DAY ONLY. For example, if we talked and everything went well that day, I'd feel great for that day. If the next day we talked, and things went bad, I'd feel bad that day. The doc said it seems like a small part of bi-polar disorder, as a simple thing such as how a phone call went shouldnt effect my mood so greatly.



After we broke up just this week, I've been changing moods even more rapidly. It seems to change every few hours now. I'll be EXTREMELY hyper, jumping up and down, blasting music, etc. Then I'll think about the break-up, or something negative like that, and I'll instantly come down into a sad, anxious, hopeless state. That'll last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours... Then I'll convince myself on more postive things and I'll go back to that ';happy, hyper'; mood.... What is going on here?! Sometimes I'll almost feel like I'm in both moods at once?!?! BTW, I just started taking prozac 2 days ago.Rapid cycling bipolar disorder?
It is not Bipolar. Bipolar moods are not in response to events like you described.

This sounds more like Borderline where moods shift based on events and things that happen with people. Your behavior is almost classic.



PS: If you were Bipolar, your doctor would have prescribed a mood stabilizer. You are taking an anti-depressant.

No comments:

Post a Comment