Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can you tell me if Wellbutrin can be changing my mood to where I am unrationally irritable & really hateful?

I was just switched to Wellbuttrin SR (150 mg/twice daily). Had been on Paxil %26amp; it worked pretty well, but maybe hit a plataue %26amp; new doc wanted me to try this.



I've been staying up all night and I think I'm much more irritable %26amp; easily upset. One of my close friends said we would hang out this weekend and when we didn't %26amp; he hadn't called in a couple days I stayed up all night, typed a really harsh letter that dredged up all of these slights and perceived wrongs from the last 2 years just out of nowhere and sent it to him %26amp; have pretty much wrecked a valued relationship. I started wondering about the Wellbutrin because I just ran across another really hateful letter i sent to the bank over things I should have been upset about, but I wouldn't normally write an obnoxious letter like that.

Then I thought how a drawer got me so upset being messed up I just slammed it over %26amp; over until I broke the sides off it since it wasn't ';cooperating'; with me. Can this med be causing this?Can you tell me if Wellbutrin can be changing my mood to where I am unrationally irritable %26amp; really hateful?
Yes. Call your MD Monday at the latest. Something is seriously out of balance there.Can you tell me if Wellbutrin can be changing my mood to where I am unrationally irritable %26amp; really hateful?
Yes it can.
Yeah, Wellbutrin sucks! I was on that and it made me be in the most foul mood. I was walking around all day, pissed off, just wanting to punch everyone I saw. Plus, I got really bad cottonmouth from it as well. I was only on it for a few weeks and finally I said, ';F_ck this! This sucks!'; and I stopped taking it. Within a few days of quitting, I was fine.
Yes it could be. Not all anit depressants work for all ppl, and many can cause mood swings like you are describing. When my docs put me on prozac I went crazy. If my parents even woke me up ';wrong'; I would throw a tantrum and start throwing things and be totally uncontrolabble and irrational. It turned out your really not supposed to give ppl with bipolar dissorder prozac, but at the time that wasn't well known.



If you are not comfortable with your meds, call your doc asap. If he/she won't listen get a new dr. You know your body best. And while yes you generally do need to balance on meds, you shouldn't be putting yourself or others in danger while doing so.
Yes, it can. That is a side affect of Wellbutrin, plus when you use antidepressant they affects your moods, and sometime you feel even worst on some of them. It may not be the right one for you, especially if your actions are out of character. Also just some advice if you are not seeing a therapist, you probably should, because depression is anger turned inwards. You might need to find out the cause of your anger and try dealing with it. The thing is medication is great and it helps a lot, but it doesn't deal with the underline problems that has led you down this road. Even though doctors say you have a chemical imbalance it is usually brought on by something, so find out what it is and deal with it. I just want to be helpful so hopefully I did not annoy you by giving you more information than you requested. good luck.
Yes! Ask you doctor how much of a kickback he receives for prescribing Wellbutrin.....
It is quite possible. Wellbutrin works for me, but I have an ';edge'; from it sometimes and have to take something for anxiety as well. I am coming off of Cymbalta now and continuing Wellbutrin with Buspar added for anxiety. I feel like crap but I have to wait the 3-4 weeks to see if the change is gonna work. SSRI's and SSNRI's help, but I get darn tired of the sexual side effects. I told my doctor I want my normal sex drive back and I mean it! I have to stay on meds, so I want to be normal as possible. Fortunately, that department is good now. It's a pain, but not pretty when I take nothing. Been there done that. Good luck honey.
go to webmd.com and look up the side effects in the drug section.

No comments:

Post a Comment