Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I think I'm bipolar, and I don't know how to tell my Parents. Help!?

Hi, urmm.. you see, I'm fourteen, and I am 98% sure I'm bipolar. Everything just clicks, me and my best friend have done weeks of research and i've taken god know how many tests. I change moods so suddenly, one moment im hyper and happy and love life, the next im depressed, sluggish, cant get out of bed, and hate my life. Ive attemped suicide several times, and i go into this mood where the happier self is in a way watching the depressed version cut themself. The happier side is screaming, ';WHAT ARE YOU DOING!'; while the sadder self just acts on autopilot. I hear, and see things that aren't always there, and when i fight the depressed mood, or the sounds/images that arent there i suffer a horrible, painful, headache. But, i don't know how to tell my parents. I'm scared to, and don't know how. They don't understand, and whenever i try it always ends up in, ';Hayley, stop, you're fine! There is absolutely nothing wrong with you!';I think I'm bipolar, and I don't know how to tell my Parents. Help!?
It seems like if you were bi polar your parents would know something was wrong... however, here is a site with support groups, others to talk to about this, run by doctors if you want to do that...

Otherwise you can just ask them to see your doctor and talk to the doctor about it all....I think I'm bipolar, and I don't know how to tell my Parents. Help!?
get really mad and shoot one of them in the leg. they will see you have anger issues and take action
just talk to them about it, it might not be just bipolar, or tell them you want to be committed for testing and psychiatric help. if it doesn't get their attention, talk to your school councilor and have him/her talk to your parents.
Tell your folks that you want to see a mental doctor to do some tests on you and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment