Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why does he change so much?

I am 25 years old, and I have been best friends with this guy for about 5 years now. Over the years i have fallen in love with him. I have never come out and told him, and i am not planning on it any time soon. He has made statements that i am attractive and stuff, but would never date me because he would not want to ruin our close friendship, and he says that would be like dating a sister. I know he is not stupid, and i am sure he probably knows how i feel about him. He will ask me to go to dinner sometimes or to a movie, or he will come visit me at work or something, (just as friends) and he will be so sweet and so fun and then the very next day, he turns ice cold, hes mean, and rude, and distant and barely talks to me. It usually takes a day or two for him to get back to normal. I know its nothing that i do, because i dont come on strong, i just act normal and have fun. Telling him how i feel is not an option at this time, but what could be up with his mood changes??Why does he change so much?
Maybe, he wants to you to make the move and since you didnt he gets upset or is in a bad mood, you should really talk to him and ask him why to know the real answer then you two can work it out wellWhy does he change so much?
i would guess, he wishes he didnt see you like a sister.



he gets close, he wants you, feels like he is chasing his sister, pushes you away.



the only cure, is you telling him you want him as much as he wants you, but you said you cant do that.



also, there is no guaranty that you two could date anyway, a lot of guys cant switch from friend to boyfriend.
Something may be going on in his life, or he could just be having a bad day. Ask him?
Oh! my bestfreind is like that too, when things are going bad for him he takes it out on me, they only do this because something tells me u are really nice and caring and probably nuturing to him, he doesnt mean it but at the same time hes man enough to not say hurtful things too as well, i use to like mines but i got tired of his mood swings and stopped talkin to him for abt 6mths, got a bf and was just occupied , he left a note on my call saying call him i waited 4 abt 3 wks, he was happy, then a mths ago, hes crazy again, i canttake it, i told him ';i loved him but when u figure out why u act the way u do and u can control yourself and figure out who your real friends are call me becos i cant take the negativity and he needs help'; and i said goodbye. Hes called several times but i dont feel like talkin, hes just so negative at times i really thinkin of just not talkin 2 him ever again, Oh and by the way guys like that will let other people treat them any kinda way, but end up hurtin people like u and i, Good luck friend
It sounds like it may be that he is bi-polar. I know because I'm that way too.

Does he have energy changes for no reason? Like for days he's up doing and than then crashes for days?
there's alot of things that maybe he's just now showing. maybe somthings just going through his mind or maybe somthing you dont know about like a secret lover? aggervation at work? maybe somthign with his family? or maybe simply he's going through somthing.. it depends how long he's been like this. The best thing you can do and i'm simply saying this from experiance is to just say somthing like this ';look i know you dont want to change our friendship and i can understand that but i just want to tell you that i think i have fallen for you for the amazing years ive known you...'; just see what he says. it's the truth and we all have to face reality now or sooner or later... i'm sorry your goin through somthing like this really i am. it's good you dont come on strong it might scare some people... anyways i hope that helps in some way. good luck!

Dave
I'm kinda in the same situation, been really good friends with a guy and I care about him so much. I can't seem to tell him how I feel though, and like you I'm pretty sure he knows, but I don't want to risk our friendship. It's hard, I would say talk to him about everything, I should do that myself, but I can't. Good luck to you.
I cannot answer that, really... but I do understand. I love this girl I have known for 2 years, and she doesn't want to date me cause I'm too good of a friend........... well, what I don't get is WHY NOT?????? shouldn't you be looking for someone like that to go out with? I mean you surely do not want to date someone you can't get a long with, and obviously if we are best friends, I'm doing something right...........I don't get that either
It might be he's just confused. He may want to date you but, he might not want to ruin the relationship you have now because after dating, you may not be able to have the whole friend relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment