Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Will birth control change me?

I just got put on a low dose of birth control to help my periods. I always have cramps and a heavy period so my gyno just gave me it to even things out. But what exactly will it do for me? I know it will make my periods shorter and less painful, but will it affect my hormones? Will my mood change? I'm always a little grumpy and low, but will the pill affect that?

This probably sounds really strange, but I don't want it to make me all perky because I actually think when I'm low, I am more creative. I write my best poems and I get really inspired by my low emotions. I'm just curious as to what this pill will make me feel like. I'm scared that it will change me or something. I've never been on anything like this and I don't know how it's going to make me feel.

Am I worrying about this too much?!!Will birth control change me?
I am like you... not the most perky person in general. I started low-dose birth control pills for heavy periods too. I have been on the for about 5 months and I feel the same. My periods have changed for the better minimally... but my overall persona is the same. I wouldn't worry. I think the hormones in the pill would be more likely to cause moodiness or depression rather than perkiness. But my guess is that you will probably feel relatively the same. Good luck!Will birth control change me?
You are definitely worrying WAY too much. Since the pill contains hormones, it can affect your mood, but each person is different, and so is each pill, so it kind of just depends. If it's making you too ';perky'; you can always asked to be switched to another kind.
Heh ... If you're worried about BC making you more perky you're probably wrong. My experience with BC is that it makes me horribly depressed. I don't take it anymore because my body can not handle all of those hormones.

Every woman's body is different and I hope the pill doesn't hurt more than help - just describing my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment